Apr 30, 2010
Lecture by Hasan Abu Nimah on "The Role of Religion in the Politics of Human Security", 4 May 2010
The Center for Comparative and International Studies and the URPP Asia and Europe would like to invite you to a presentation by Hasan Abu Nimah:
Subject: "The Role of Religion in the Politics of Human Security, with Emphasis on Religion and Politics in Today's Middle East."
Time & Place: 4 May 2010, 18:15 h, University of Zurich, Rämistrasse 71, 8006 Zurich, Room KOL-E-21.
Speaker: Hasan Abu Nimah is the former permanent representative of Jordan at the United Nations. He is Director of the Regional Human Security Centre (http://www.rhsc.org.jo), a non-profit, independent institution that seeks to advance the human security agenda through applied research, training, and the facilitation of dialogue around practical policy recommendations.
- Articles on the panel discussion "Nach dem Minarettverbot: Der Islam und die offene Gesellschaft", held on November 17.11.2010
- Interview with Amnon Raz-Krakotzkin, Tages Anzeiger, 10.11.2010
- Finished doctoral projects in 2010
- Wang Hui, leading Chinese intellectual, comments on China's relationship to the west in the NZZ
- Rector Andreas Fischer on UZH's research focus on Asia
- Lecture series "Farewell to secularization?", lecture of Amnon Ratz-Krakotzkin, 2nd November, 6:15pm-8pm
- Autumn lecture series "Farewell to Secularization?" - Lecture of Wang Hui, 19th October, 6:15pm-8pm
- The URPP welcomes its new postdocs and phd-students
- Lecture Series (FT 10): "Farewell to Secularization?", beginning 5. Octobre 2010
- Change of academic directors
- Visit of a Chinese delegation form Beijing Normal University
- The URPP has moved!
- URPP assistant professor Sven Trakulhun explains the current tensions in Thailand
- Lecture Prof. John C. Maraldo on "The Sense and Significance of Japanese Philosophy", 1 June 2010
- International Workshop "Entangled By Multiple Tongues", 3-4 June 2010
- International Conference "Verschleierter Orient - Entschleierter Okzident? Inszenierung in Politik, Recht, Kunst und Kultur seit dem 19. Jahrhundert", 3-5 June 2010
- URPP Public Lecture Series (Spring 2010): "Researching Philosophy in Asian Contexts"
- Lecture Prof. R. T. Ames on "Confucian Role Ethics in a Changing World Culture", 18 May 2010
- Lecture Prof. A. Chakrabarti on "Classical Indian Theories of Knowledge and Error", 11 May 2010
- Lecture by Hasan Abu Nimah on "The Role of Religion in the Politics of Human Security", 4 May 2010
- Open PhD and Postdoc Positions for September 2010
- Dr. Katajun Amirpur new assistant professor for the Modern Islamic World with focus on Iran
- The new calendar of events of the PhD program has arrived!
- Lecture Prof. D. Gutas on "The Centrality of Philosophy in the Pre-Modern Islamic Intellectual Tradition", 13 April 2010
- Guest lecture Prof. James C. Scott on "Why Civilizations Can't Climb Hills", 17 March 2010
- Presentation Research Project "The Quest for Peace in the Middle East", 16 March 2010
- Guest lecture Prof. Hans-Hinrich Biesterfeldt on "Unnachahmlichkeit des Korans", 11 March 2010
- "Transcultural Bodies - Transboundary Biographies", Conference in New Delhi, 21-24 February 2010
- "Unijournal" presents the new interdisciplinary PhD program "Asia and Europe"
- New Release: Diasporic Histories, edited by Andrea Riemenschnitter and Deborah L. Madsen
- Migration in Films: Workshop, 08-09 January 2010
- Symposium with Seizo Sekino (Tokyo) and Christoph Harbsmeier (Oslo), 17-18 december 2009
- 1 Post-Doc Position (50%), applications to be submitted by 11 December 2009
- Guest lecture Prof. Ummu Salma Bava on "Europe's Role in International Governance", 8 December 2009